Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Guizhou Feng <gu...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/02 20:00:11 UTC

Need example for CodePoint.FDODTA

Hi, All

I see codes in NetConnectionReply like following
but there are a little difficult to think about how make such things happen:
"input host variable may not be within the range the server supports."

If any one already got example for this, please help me

2800     *void *doValnsprmSemantics(*int *codePoint, String value) *throws *
DisconnectException {
2801
2802         // special case the FDODTA codepoint not to disconnect.
2803         *if *(codePoint == CodePoint.FDODTA) {
2804             agent_.accumulateReadException(*new *SqlException(
agent_.logWriter_,
2805                     "The DDM parameter value is not supported.  " +
2806
"DDM parameter code point having unsupported value : 0x"
+ Integer.toHexString(codePoint) +
2807
".  An input host variable may not be within the range the server supports."
,
2808                     SqlState._58017));
2809             *return*;
2810         }

Re: Need example for CodePoint.FDODTA

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Guizhou Feng wrote:
> |Hi, All
>
> I see codes in ||NetConnectionReply like following
> but there are a little difficult to think about how make such things
> happen:
> "||input host variable may not be within the range the server supports.||"
>
> If any one already got example for this, please help me
> 2800     *void *doValnsprmSemantics(*int *codePoint, String value) *throws *DisconnectException {
> 2801
> 2802         // special case the FDODTA codepoint not to disconnect.
> 2803         *if *(codePoint == CodePoint.FDODTA) {
> 2804             agent_.accumulateReadException(*new *SqlException(agent_.logWriter_,
> 2805                     "The DDM parameter value is not supported.  " +
> 2806                     "DDM parameter code point having unsupported value : 0x" + Integer.toHexString(codePoint) +
> 2807                     ".  An input host variable may not be within the range the server supports.",
> 2808                     SqlState._58017));
> 2809             *return*;
> 2810         }|
I am not sure why that particular code point wouldn't terminate the
connection as protocol exceptions normally would.

It is not part of normal operation to pass through this code. It
reflects an unexpected protocol exception. As a matter of fact we don't
even cover it in our tests.  Have you seen this exception being thrown
in normal operations?  If so can you post the full stack trace and
describe what  you are doing when it happens?

Thanks

Kathey