Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Florian Barbera <fl...@micropol.pf> on 2011/04/06 23:54:13 UTC

xmlgraphics-commons 1.4 : bug in

Hi Jeremias !

I write you this email because you seem to be the last person who has
changed the class XMPSchemaAdapter in the XML graphics commons project.
I didn't find in the web site where I could alert for a bug. If there
were a better way to do that, please forgive me in advance.

I think there is an issue in the method formatISO8601Date.

When you have a negative GMT indication and when the gap is superior or
equal to 10 then there is a problem.

The piece of code:

if (zoneOffsetHours > 0) {

sb.append('+');

} else {

sb.append('-');

}

if (zoneOffsetHours < 10) {

         sb.append('0');

}

If I have zoneOffsetHours = -10 I will have zoneOffsetHours < 10 true
(-10 < 10) so I will have sb concatenated with "-010" and not with
"-10".

It causes a NumberFormatException in my case, if I use FOP.

I think that the good test would be :

if (Math.abs(zoneOffsetHours) < 10) {

         sb.append('0');

}

Am I wrong?

Regards,

Florian BARBERA

Project Leader Engineer

Tel : (+689) 54 33 00 | email : florian@micropol.pf
<ma...@micropol.pf>

Re: xmlgraphics-commons 1.4 : bug in

Posted by Julien Aymé <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Florian,

The bug should be submitted on BugZilla:
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi
(you may have to create an account first).

You are right, there is no indication that this should be used for
bugs concerning XML Graphics Commons, but you can find a hint on FOP
site here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/bugs.html#issues_new

I didn't look at the code to check for the bug, but it seems a valid one.
So you should create the corresponding BugZilla entry. If you could
attach a patch to the bug it would be awesome.

Regards,
Julien