Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com> on 2008/04/16 14:59:16 UTC

Upgrading the version of IvyDE

Hi,

I would like to upgrade the version of IvyDE to 2.0. The trunk version is
currently tagged to be an 1.3. I would like to make this upgrade for sevral
reasons:
- the trunk version of IvyDE is relying on Ivy 2 whereas the last released
version of IvyDE (1.2.1) is using Ivy 1.4.1. From a user point of view this
will be easier to understand which version of IvyDE match which version of
Ivy.
- the plugin ID of IvyDE changed. For the 1.2.1 it was
org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse and now it is org.apache.ivyde.eclipse. So users
won't be able to update their plugins. Actually they will appear as two
different plugins.
- recently, due to a major bug fix (IVYDE-70), the preference are not managed
the same way, the way to configure IvyDE changed. Having a version upgrade
will make user aware of big changes.

I also think that some other refactoring may appear (IVYDE-32), so I think
that IvyDE require a new version number regarding these big changes.

WDYT ?

Nicolas

Re: Upgrading the version of IvyDE

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <
nicolas.lalevee@anyware-tech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to upgrade the version of IvyDE to 2.0. The trunk version is
> currently tagged to be an 1.3. I would like to make this upgrade for
> sevral
> reasons:
> - the trunk version of IvyDE is relying on Ivy 2 whereas the last released
> version of IvyDE (1.2.1) is using Ivy 1.4.1. From a user point of view
> this
> will be easier to understand which version of IvyDE match which version of
> Ivy.
> - the plugin ID of IvyDE changed. For the 1.2.1 it was
> org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse and now it is org.apache.ivyde.eclipse. So
> users
> won't be able to update their plugins. Actually they will appear as two
> different plugins.
> - recently, due to a major bug fix (IVYDE-70), the preference are not
> managed
> the same way, the way to configure IvyDE changed. Having a version upgrade
> will make user aware of big changes.
>
> I also think that some other refactoring may appear (IVYDE-32), so I think
> that IvyDE require a new version number regarding these big changes.
>
> WDYT ?

+1

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Upgrading the version of IvyDE

Posted by Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>.
+1. What Stefan said.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com>.
ok, thanks for your votes.
So I committed the new version number. And I will rename in Jira the version
1.3.0 to 2.0.0.

cheers,
Nicolas

Le jeudi 17 avril 2008, Gilles Scokart a écrit :
> +1
>
> On 16/04/2008, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I would like to upgrade the version of IvyDE to 2.0. The trunk version
> > is currently tagged to be an 1.3. I would like to make this upgrade for
> > sevral reasons:
> >  - the trunk version of IvyDE is relying on Ivy 2 whereas the last
> > released version of IvyDE (1.2.1) is using Ivy 1.4.1. From a user point
> > of view this will be easier to understand which version of IvyDE match
> > which version of Ivy.
> >  - the plugin ID of IvyDE changed. For the 1.2.1 it was
> >  org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse and now it is org.apache.ivyde.eclipse. So
> > users won't be able to update their plugins. Actually they will appear as
> > two different plugins.
> >  - recently, due to a major bug fix (IVYDE-70), the preference are not
> > managed the same way, the way to configure IvyDE changed. Having a
> > version upgrade will make user aware of big changes.
> >
> >  I also think that some other refactoring may appear (IVYDE-32), so I
> > think that IvyDE require a new version number regarding these big
> > changes.
> >
> >  WDYT ?
> >
> >  Nicolas

Nicolas LALEVÉE
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
Tel : +33 (0)5 61 00 52 90
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46
http://www.anyware-tech.com

Re: Upgrading the version of IvyDE

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 16/04/2008, Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I would like to upgrade the version of IvyDE to 2.0. The trunk version is
>  currently tagged to be an 1.3. I would like to make this upgrade for sevral
>  reasons:
>  - the trunk version of IvyDE is relying on Ivy 2 whereas the last released
>  version of IvyDE (1.2.1) is using Ivy 1.4.1. From a user point of view this
>  will be easier to understand which version of IvyDE match which version of
>  Ivy.
>  - the plugin ID of IvyDE changed. For the 1.2.1 it was
>  org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse and now it is org.apache.ivyde.eclipse. So users
>  won't be able to update their plugins. Actually they will appear as two
>  different plugins.
>  - recently, due to a major bug fix (IVYDE-70), the preference are not managed
>  the same way, the way to configure IvyDE changed. Having a version upgrade
>  will make user aware of big changes.
>
>  I also think that some other refactoring may appear (IVYDE-32), so I think
>  that IvyDE require a new version number regarding these big changes.
>
>  WDYT ?
>
>  Nicolas

Gilles Scokart