Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Shoberg <js...@cbd.net> on 2001/09/27 00:41:20 UTC

Thawte, SSL, and Tomcat

Hypothetical situation ...

	I have the domain "secure.foobar.com" and a Thawte SSL certificate
configured with Apache (mod_ssl).  The file provided back from Thawte is
called "secure.foobar.com.crt".  Is there a way to use that certificate in
setting up https://secure.foobar.com:8443/myWebApp/ ? Do I have to go back
to Thawte for another cert if I want to provide SSL though tomcat?

	Does anyone have, literally, "blind instructions" for setting up a
commercial SSL cert?  The current docs are pretty good but I am looking for
something related to tomcat 3.x.x which covers creation and install of a
commercial cert.

Thanks

Re: Thawte, SSL, and Tomcat

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Jon Shoberg wrote:

> Hypothetical situation ...
>
>         I have the domain "secure.foobar.com" and a Thawte SSL certificate
> configured with Apache (mod_ssl).  The file provided back from Thawte is
> called "secure.foobar.com.crt".  Is there a way to use that certificate in
> setting up https://secure.foobar.com:8443/myWebApp/ ? Do I have to go back
> to Thawte for another cert if I want to provide SSL though tomcat?

Use a Apache/Tomcat connector like mod_jk.