Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by liat oren <or...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/13 10:54:45 UTC

Use of Synonyms

Hi all,

I have a list of synonyms for every word.
Is there a good way to use these synonyms?

Currently I use a boost query so if 'a' is the queried word, and 'b' (0.5)
and 'c' (0.2) are its synonyms, I query for:
a^1 + b^0.5 + c^0.2.
Is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks,
Liat

Re: Use of Synonyms

Posted by liat oren <or...@gmail.com>.
I have my own synonyms, which are differnt from the ones in wordNet.
For every word, I have synonyms and the score - for how close the synonym to
its word.
I would like to 'elaborate' the query, to expand it so it will include also
the synonyms of the words given in the query.

Thanks

Re: Use of Synonyms

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.