Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de> on 2007/01/26 00:37:19 UTC

svn:eol-style (was Re: svn commit: r499759 - /ofbiz/trunk/ant)

Jacques Le Roux schrieb:
> So what happend to Christian ?

ant had no svn:eol-style property at all which meant my svn client
checked it out as committed by you (windows eol in this case).
If it had eol-style = native my client would have converted the line
endings acording to my platform (LF).

ant.bat already has svn:eol-style CRLF.

I think it's a good idea to set the eol-style for platform specific
files like shell scripts to the correct value.

Christian

Re: svn:eol-style (was Re: svn commit: r499759 - /ofbiz/trunk/ant)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes this make sense. I propose to set eol-style=LF for Unix specific files. Though native would also do it, but to be consistent we
should in this case put native for Windows specific files. Another way is to set native for all files.

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I finally introduced svn:eol-style=LF for root Unix specific files in svn config file.

BTW I propose to commit  http://www.opensourcestrategies.com/downloads/bshcontainer.bsh in OFBiz root if OpenSource Strategy is OK ?

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Christian,

From: "Christian Geisert" <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 26, 2007, at 1:13 AM, Christian Geisert wrote:

> David E. Jones schrieb:

>>> ant had no svn:eol-style property at all which meant my svn client
>>> checked it out as committed by you (windows eol in this case).
>>
>> SVN shouldn't do this. It should be checked out for the default
>> of  your
>> platform unless you've specified otherwise in your client, or an
>> eol-style was specified on the server.
>
> If there is *no* eol-style property then subversion shouldn't
> change the
>  file at all. Only when eol-style is set as native the line endings
> will
> be changed to your platform (if this wouldn't be the case why
> should we
> set the eol-style property?)

If you don't have the default eol-style in your client set to
"native", then I VERY highly recommend it...

You might even try the default OFBiz settings:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/site/svn/config

I know this is a bit hidden and only really referred to in the "OFBiz
Committers Roles and Responsibilities", here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/mQ

-David

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
David E. Jones schrieb:

> On Jan 25, 2007, at 4:37 PM, Christian Geisert wrote:
>
>> Jacques Le Roux schrieb:
>>
>>> So what happend to Christian ?
>>
>> ant had no svn:eol-style property at all which meant my svn client
>> checked it out as committed by you (windows eol in this case).
>
> SVN shouldn't do this. It should be checked out for the default of  your
> platform unless you've specified otherwise in your client, or an
> eol-style was specified on the server.

If there is *no* eol-style property then subversion shouldn't change the
 file at all. Only when eol-style is set as native the line endings will
be changed to your platform (if this wouldn't be the case why should we
set the eol-style property?)

> Was this checked out on a Windows machine? If so, then a Windows EOL  is
> what would be expected.

It was on linux.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.