Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2020/03/03 22:30:08 UTC

Re: Podling announcement messages

Hi,

>> The biggest issue that I see is that prior to making a download page work, the links behind the page need to be active, and those links are only active after the vote passes, and the artifacts, checksums, and signatures are uploaded.
>>
>> So maybe it's too big an ask for the download page(s) to be created earlier for review.

I’ve seen some project do this, there is a chance is however that that page accidentally gets published before the VOTE is over or worse it gets published and the VOTE doesn’t pass. (Both of these have happened). So I generally don’t recommend this. The download page is easy to edit if there are any issues so perhaps we shovel focus more on doing some automated checks on download pages?

Thanks,
Justin

Re:Re:Fwd: [MENTORS] Podlings with releases but no download pages

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Here is the PR:https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/pull/3039/files

--
此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

在 2020-03-04 15:36:10,"陈明雨" <mo...@163.com> 写道:

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
I can handle this.

Posted by Zhao Chun <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi all

Posted by Przemys��aw Tr��dak <pt...@apache.org>.
Wait, what?

That's not right - I was even discussing this with Sheng yesterday (as I did not immediately see that page, which I agree is a problem, but still, that page exists). It is https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/get_started/download

Przemek

Posted by Zach Kimberg <za...@gmail.com>.