Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Pranav Desai <pr...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/07 00:01:27 UTC

webui for monitoring/graphing

Hi!

I believe webui isn't supported any more. So I was wondering if anyone
have any thoughts on the best way to collect stats for graphing
purposes.

I will be using collectd (http://collectd.org/) and I would like to
get the stats every few secs, so is the traffic_line or traffic_shell
the best to collect stats efficiently? Or is there any other more
efficient method to get stats at a high rate.

Can some portion of the webui be revived for this task ?

Does anyone have any scripts already prepared to collect the raw data ?

Thanks
-- Pranav

Re: webui for monitoring/graphing

Posted by Pranav Desai <pr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>  On 10/06/2010 04:01 PM, Pranav Desai wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I believe webui isn't supported any more. So I was wondering if anyone
>> have any thoughts on the best way to collect stats for graphing
>> purposes.
>>
>> I will be using collectd (http://collectd.org/) and I would like to
>> get the stats every few secs, so is the traffic_line or traffic_shell
>> the best to collect stats efficiently? Or is there any other more
>> efficient method to get stats at a high rate.
>
> Take a look at the Perl .pm module in the "contrib" directory, it would be a
> bit more efficient than forking traffic_line for every stat you want to
> retrieve. I've put a little example script that I put together for
> monitoring a TS server using the CloudKick services, it's available at
>
>    ftp://ftp.ogre.com/pub/TS/ts-cloudkick.pl

Thanks for the script. I will look into it.

> Also, remember that stats are only collected from the worker threads
> periodically, so it's probably pointless to collect stats more often than
> every 5 seconds or so.

I need to get it at 30sec interval so it should be ok.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.