Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2008/02/29 21:38:45 UTC

New compile warning in SystemPermission.java

                      [javac] Note:
C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\engine\org\apache\derby\security\SystemPermission.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations. (new)

These continue in MBeanTest, but it is not clear what the issue is.

                      [javac] Note:
C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\management\MBeanTest.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
                      [javac] Note:
C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\engine\org\apache\derby\security\SystemPermission.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
                      [javac] Note:
C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\management\MBeanTest.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

I'm not sure how much these warnings matter.

Kathey

Re: New compile warning in SystemPermission.java

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>                      [javac] Note:
> C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\engine\org\apache\derby\security\SystemPermission.java
> uses unchecked or unsafe operations. (new)
>
> These continue in MBeanTest, but it is not clear what the issue is.
>
>                      [javac] Note:
> C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\management\MBeanTest.java
> uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
>                      [javac] Note:
> C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\engine\org\apache\derby\security\SystemPermission.java
> uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
>                      [javac] Note:
> C:\nightlies\main\src\opensource\java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\management\MBeanTest.java
> uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

I think I see how to fix one in MBeanTest, I'll do that and see if all
warnings go away for MBEanTest. Eclipse only seems to show a single
issue in the file.

Dan.