Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Jason Strongman <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/02 18:31:54 UTC

Re: HTTPS Logging

Non-issue.

Thanks!

Re: HTTPS Logging

Posted by Jason Strongman <ja...@gmail.com>.
consider the below data points

remap rule:
map https://www.domain.com/ http://192.168.1.1/

log field
'cqus'

end user request
https://www.domain.com/file.txt

it appears as if the log field 'cqus' will capture the re-mapped protocol,
not the protocol used by the end user.
so in this case 'cqus' will capture:

http

however, i would like 'cqus' to capture the end user protocol.. in this
case 'https'

is it possible to capture the protocol of the un-mapped request?

it appears the only way to capture the end user protocol is to use the log
filed 'cquuc'.. however that gives too much information, so i would have to
massage the log before sending over to my central data store.

please advise

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Jason Strongman <