Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by le...@cocoon.apache.org on 2004/09/17 01:36:39 UTC

[Cocoon Lenya Wiki] New: InterWiki

   Date: 2004-09-16T16:36:39
   Editor: DanielGriffith <me...@yahoo.com>
   Wiki: Cocoon Lenya Wiki
   Page: InterWiki

   no comment

New Page:

= A guide to installation of Lenya 1.2 on x86 Gentoo. =

'''''
Note: I have only tested this on x86 Gentoo, to use Lenya on amd64 requires the installation of either Blackdown1.4.2 or sun-jdk 1.5'''''

This is an initial quick guide to installing Lenya 1.2 on Gento from my first experiments, I have been unable to run Lenya on Tomcat or use the latest 1.2.x branch, so this guide covers compiling and installing the July 2004 Lenya 1.2 release, and running it in the Jetty servlet container included with Lenya 1.2

== Install sun-jdk-1.4.2 and ant ==

Emerge the ebuilds of dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2 and dev-java/ant. If you have another JDK installed remember to use java-config.

== Download Lenya and cocoon. ==

The cocoon ebuild is installed at /usr/share/cocoon. I didn’t bother with the ebuild, and downloaded Cocoon 2.1.4 from http://cocoon.apache.org/ and expanded it into /usr/share/cocoon.

incubating-lenya-1.2-src.tar.gz   can be downloaded from http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/ and I expanded it into /usr/share/lenya.

== Copy the .properties files ==

Copy the files:

  local.build.properties

  local.blocks.properties

from /usr/share/lenya/src/cocoon to /usr/share/cocoon

== Compile cocoon ==

Go to /usr/share/cocoon and type:

  ./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp

== Copy the endorsed libraries ==

Copy the libraries in /usr/share/cocoon/lib/endorsed/ to $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed/

== Edit the build.properties file ==

Copy /usr/share/lenya/build.properties.sample to /usr/share/lenya/build.properties

Use the editor of your choice to set the locations of Lenya and cocoon (don’t worry about the location of Tomcat as we are not using it).

== Build the Lenya webapp ==

Check you are in the /usr/share/lenya directory and type:

  ant webapp

== Start Jetty ==

Again in /usr/share/lenya type:

  ./lenya.sh servlet