Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ben Peter <bp...@zentropypartners.com> on 2002/04/01 08:34:50 UTC

Re: getConnection exception

Hi,

i ran into the same problem which went away when I checked that all database
names were used consistently, in the xyz-schema.xml, and the Torque.properties
and that I named the db-system I am using explicitly in Torque.properties
(second line in example).

nav-schema.xml:
<database name="foo" ...

Torque.properties:
torque.database.default=foo
torque.database.foo = mysql
torque.database.foo.driver = org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

Try whether that helps, I cannot explain why it works, so no guarantee it will.

Cheers,
Ben

Dinesh wrote:
> We want to use Torque stand alone. We can generate the object api (so
> connection
> is obtained and used) but cannot use it..
>
> Following the tutorial page, we get an exception.
>
> thanks for any help. below is the example.
> -dinesh
>
> With respect to OM (Object Model) of torque , we are getting the following
> error when we execute OM class (org.pantoto.test)
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Connection object is null!
>         at
> org.apache.torque.pool.DBConnection.getConnection(DBConnection.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java, Compiled
> Code)
>         at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java, Compiled
> Code)
>         at org.pantoto.om.BasePeoplePeer.doInsert(BasePeoplePeer.java,
> Compiled Code)
>         at org.pantoto.om.BasePeoplePeer.doInsert(BasePeoplePeer.java,
> Compiled Code)

[snip]