Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com> on 2005/12/16 11:25:18 UTC

how to customize applicationresources

Hi all,

I want to read my application resources from a database rather than
using properties file. Do I need to extends MessageResoursces class in
order to do this ?? Is there any examples of this or is ther any links
which give some idea, how to do this??

thanks all

Sony

Re: how to customize applicationresources

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 12/16/05, Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to read my application resources from a database rather than
> using properties file. Do I need to extends MessageResoursces class in
> order to do this ?? Is there any examples of this or is ther any links
> which give some idea, how to do this??

<snip/>

Take a look at Commons Resources:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/resources/

Niall recently added a bunch of documentation as well:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ResourcesUserGuideImplementations

-Rahul

Posted by Danny Lee <ha...@yahoo.de>.
That's cool!

Can you change the values dynamicaly in run-time,
so it works without the need to restart the app?

Greets,

Danny

Re: how to customize applicationresources

Posted by Gareth Evans <ga...@msoft.co.uk>.
Take a look at

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/resources/

There is a JDBCMessageResourceFactory to load values from the database, in your struts-config file
you can specify a different message resource factory class.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/ResourcesUserGuide

It works well for me!

Hope that helps,

Gareth

Danny Lee wrote:

> The only easy solution I can think of is to write some application,
> which is performing DB->File transformation before MessageResoursces
> consumer-application starts.
>
> But this is not a real solution, becouse you still can't change
> properties dynamicaly. I'm not sure if Struts allows you to do it at
> all... Maybe not (becouse otherway I suspect this feature would be
> implemented so far...)
>
> cheers,
>
> Danny
>
> Sony Thomas schrieb:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I want to read my application resources from a database rather than
>> using properties file. Do I need to extends MessageResoursces class in
>> order to do this ?? Is there any examples of this or is ther any links
>> which give some idea, how to do this??
>>
>> thanks all
>>
>> Sony

Gareth Evans

MSoft eSolutions Limited
Technology Centre
Inward Way
Rossmore Business Park
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
CH65 3EN

--
Tel:    +44 (0)870 0100 704
Fax:    +44 (0)870 9010 705

Terms:
Please note that any prices quoted within this e-mail are subject to VAT.
All program details and code described in this e-mail are subject to
copyright © of MSoft eSolutions Limited and remain the intellectual
property of MSoft eSolutions Limited.
Any proposal or pricing information contained within this e-mail are
subject to MSoft eSolutions' Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message. MSoft eSolutions Limited cannot accept responsibility for viruses,
so please scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of MSoft eSolutions Limited who will not
necessarily be bound by its contents.

Re: how to customize applicationresources

Posted by Danny Lee <ha...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by "JEEVANATHAM P. /BPCRP/INFOTECH/VASHI" <je...@3i-infotech.com>.
I am also looking like this,
If any one know please let me know.

I want to read my application resources from a database rather than
using properties file. Do I need to extends MessageResoursces class in
order to do this ?? Is there any examples of this or is ther any links
which give some idea, how to do this??

thanks all

Sony

Greetings!

ICICI Infotech is now 3i Infotech.

The e-mail addresses of the company's employees have been changed to <existing name>@3i-infotech.com. You are requested to take note of this new e-mail ID and make use of the same in future

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that 3i Infotech or its subsidiaries and associated companies, (collectively "3i Infotech"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of 3i Infotech. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects."