Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lizz <el...@bouvet.no> on 2007/10/09 15:47:37 UTC

AutoCompleteTextField problem

I would like an auto complete text field for a class that implements
Information

interface Address{
getCountry();
}

I have a class Person that contains an address instance variable and getter
and setter for that variable. (getAddress).

I have some addresses and want to changes the persons address using auto
complete text field, but the address is not updated.

The text field and the choices shall display the name of the country.
new AutoCompleteTextField("atxtfld", new PropertyModel(thisPerson,
"address"),autoCompleteRenderer)

and the render displays the country string of the address choises.

Any idea why the persons address is not updated when the address (and
country) is changed?

Re: AutoCompleteTextField problem

Posted by Oliver Lieven <ol...@provantis.de>.
IMHO the AutoCompleteTextfield sets the value of your input field to the
value selected in the autocomplete-list, but this is done via JavaScript and
works only inside the browser.

As long as you don't attach a special Ajax...Behaviour (eg.
AjaxUpdateBehaviour) to your input field, the model will not be updated
unless the form is submitted.

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.