Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org> on 2021/02/20 08:11:10 UTC

Apache Kibble 2.0

Hi all,

I drafted some proposal of Kibble 2.0 design decisions:
https://s.apache.org/kibble-2-0

This is a google docs - I found those much easier to work with than
confluence. But once we have something that we accept I will move it
to cwiki.

Please feel free to add all your ideas and concerns!

I think the crucial point (not covered in doc) is to decide if we want
to reuse the existing Kibble database or not. In my opinion, breaking
backward compatibility may improve development speed.

And as an interesting fact I think Kibble is getting interestingly "popular":
https://imgur.com/JssRETL

Cheers,
Tomek

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tomek,

I agree.

Maybe we should start developing new Kibble and do the decision making
> as we go to avoid overhead of excessive planning?

Regards,
Kaxil

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Tomek

Thanks for working on this.

I like the idea.  From the first time we had the demo running and showed the list of possible sources - someone immediately asked about adding one that we didn't have, so I think making adding them in a simple yet flexible way will be a good thing!

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Fourat ZOUARI <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Sharan,

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Hey all,

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Fourat ZOUARI <fo...@gmail.com>.
Thx Sharan !

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Fourat

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Thanks Kaxil and Fourat.

I hope we will be able to start working on a new Kibble soon!

T.

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kibble 2.0