Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/04/21 19:20:01 UTC

WSAEventSelect anyone?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/wsaeventselect_2.asp

Is another option.  I have not researched if more than one socket
can be bound to the same event handle.

If so, we would be able to quickly multiply the number of sockets
we are polling on.

Bill

Re: WSAEventSelect anyone?

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/wsaeventselect_2.asp
>
> Is another option.  I have not researched if more than one socket
> can be bound to the same event handle.
>
> If so, we would be able to quickly multiply the number of sockets
> we are polling on.

He he, nice try. One event for 1000 sockets.
Not in the microsoft spirit I'm afraid ;)

When you call WSAEnumNetworkEvents afterwards,
it returns SOCKET_ERROR and WSAGetlastError() returns zero.
Seems like Microsoft guys didn't expect someone
will even try to do anything like that, so they didn't figure
out jet what the error should be. Cool :).

Mladen.