Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by "Zeolla@GMail.com" <ze...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/01 12:46:24 UTC

Re: Metron dev environments moving to require Ansible 2.4+

Hi All,

This has been pushed to master.  Please updated your Ansible
appropriately.  Thanks!

Jon

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 12:18 PM Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yeah,  I thought we had more but maybe they where removed.
> Many places in *.md files referencing Ansible and versions too
>

> On September 28, 2018 at 11:45:14, Zeolla@GMail.com (zeolla@gmail.com)
> wrote:
>
> Do you mean this
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Downgrade+Ansible>?
> It was the only reference I could find on the wiki.  All of the READMEs
> should be updated as a part of the PR, but feel free to provide your input
> if I missed anything.
>
> Jon
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:15 AM Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We should make sure the non-source documentation is updated
>>

>> On September 28, 2018 at 09:32:52, Zeolla@GMail.com (zeolla@gmail.com)
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> As it currently sits, once METRON-1758
>> <https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/1179> is merged into the code
>> base, Ansible 2.4 or later will be required to use any of the Metron
>> ansible playbooks.  This is in contrast to the prior version requirements
>> outlined in Metron documentation which specifically point to 2.0.0.2 and
>> 2.2.0.0 as supported/recommended Ansible versions.  If you install Ansible
>> 2.5.0 exactly you should not experience any issues spinning up pre- and post-
>> merge versions of Metron.
>>
>> I am broadcasting this to both the user and dev communities in advance of
>> any changes to provide an opportunity to voice any concerns.  Thanks,
>>
>> Jon
>> --
>>
>> Jon
>>
>> --
>
> Jon
>
> --

Jon

Re: Metron dev environments moving to require Ansible 2.4+

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.
I ran it up a second time and it seems to be working now. I'm not sure what
happened there, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com>.