Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Trieu, Danny" <DT...@downeysavings.com> on 2002/08/14 01:31:27 UTC

RE: Local/Global Exception Handling: How do you specify ContextRe lati ve path(action's input) in the Sub-Apps' struts-config.xml

Can you give me an example of how path one <exception/> can be set to a
module-relative resource?
This can be a JSP, Tiles' definition, or an Action relative to the module's
config file right?

Thanks,

danny

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Hi,

  You should be able to use a tile definition name in the path of an
exception.
  The struts exception mechanism create a forwardConfig which is treated
like an normal forwardConfig. So, Tiles catch the exception forward  and
check for tiles definition name before struts do its forward.

  Cedric

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Trieu, Danny wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:31:27 -0700
> From: "Trieu, Danny" <DT...@downeysavings.com>
> Subject: RE: Local/Global Exception Handling: How do you specify
>     ContextRe lati ve path(action's input) in the Sub-Apps' struts-config.xml
>
> Can you give me an example of how path one <exception/> can be set to a
> module-relative resource?
> This can be a JSP, Tiles' definition, or an Action relative to the module's
> config file right?

The path on an exception is defined as a "module-relative URI to the
resource that will complete the request/response if an exception occurs".
In other words, Struts will tack create the complete URI by tacking the
module prefix on the front (that's what would *not* happen if a
contextRelative="true" attribute were added).

So, if you had a JSP page at the module-relative path "/showException.jsp"
that you wanted you use, you'd just say:

  <exception ... path="/showException.jsp" ... />

You'll have to ask Cedric about whether Tiles treats this kind of a path
the same as the path on a <forward> so that you can reference a Tile.  I
don't know the answer to that one.

> Thanks,
>
> danny

Craig