Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org> on 2022/10/30 02:29:19 UTC

About the standalone version

Hi,

In this new cluster version, we separate the IoTDB service to two
process: ConfigNode and DataNode, which could be deployed on multiple
machines and one machine.

So if users want to use a standalone IoTDB, they can deploy a 1C1D
architecture on one machine.

We are investigating if we need to support a one-process(combine
ConfigNode and DataNode) architecture for the standalone version.
which does not see much significant but introduces some learning
difficulties to users from the product complexity perspective.

In this case, I'd like to only release the ConfigNode and DataNode
Cluster, without another special standalone, and remove the
start-server.sh, start-new-server.sh.

Instead, we could introduce a start-all.sh, which start one ConfigNode
and one DataNode by default. And this could also be used to start the
whole cluster.

What do you think?

Thanks,
—————————————————
Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC

Re: About the standalone version

Posted by 冯 庆新 <qi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,
It sounds good.Maybe we can do an experiment to compare the performance differences between 1C1D and standalone.Perhaps 1C1D has a perfect performance.
B.R.
Qingxin Feng

获取 Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
发送时间: Sunday, October 30, 2022 10:29:19 AM
收件人: dev@iotdb.apache.org <de...@iotdb.apache.org>
主题: About the standalone version

[...]

Jialin Qiao
Apache IoTDB PMC