Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Upendra Yadav <up...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/25 20:03:27 UTC

HBase read operation document/help...

I have go through no. of documents/slides about HBase read/get operation...
But I have lot of broken links and question to clear view about how hbase
read operation happen...

Like....
Client Communicate to zookeeper and get region server where -ROOT- table
region reside...(And this is in memory)

Then getting region server location for .META table region (And this is in
memory)

Then location of region server where region of user table reside by
checking start and end rowkey with given GET operation rowkey...

then will search 1st in memstore.... if found then return data
else
BlockCache.... if not then BloomFilter if negative then return not
found.... else

read from hfile....(how i don't know.. please help me)

Bloomfilter and BlockCache update and return data...

Is this correct... Please suggest me some good document...

Still i have doubt ... how BlockCache LRU works...

Re: HBase read operation document/help...

Posted by Upendra Yadav <up...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted Yu...
I will go through these document...

Posted by Upendra Yadav <up...@gmail.com>.
I didn't know such changes... Thanks Tariq...

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.