Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 刘浪 <li...@eisoo.com> on 2011/10/25 10:21:02 UTC

About the indexing process

Hi,
     I appreciate you can help me. When I index a file, can I transfer the content of the file and metadate to solr to construct the index, instead of the file path and metadate?

Thank you!
Amos

Re: About the indexing process

Posted by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amos,

How are you currently indexing files? Are you indexing Solr input
documents or just regular files?

You can use Solr cell to index binary files:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler

Martijn

--
Met vriendelijke groet,