Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Kowshik Prakasam <kp...@confluent.io> on 2020/11/14 20:40:04 UTC

KAFKA-10723: LogManager thread pool activity post shutdown

Hey everyone,

When I was seeing Broker error logs, I noted that the LogManager leaks
internal thread pool activity during KafkaServer shutdown sequence,
whenever it encounters an internal error. I have explained the issue in
this jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-10723 , and have
proposed couple of ways to fix this. If you are familiar with this code,
please could you have a look and share your thoughts on which of the
proposed fixes is the right way to go? If you feel there are other ways to
fix the issue, your thoughts are welcome.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Kowshik

Re: KAFKA-10723: LogManager thread pool activity post shutdown

Posted by Kowshik Prakasam <kp...@confluent.io>.
In case you are interested in the fix, I've uploaded a PR:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/9596 containing fix #2 mentioned in
the jira description.

Cheers,
Kowshik