Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Angelo Ferecini Neto <fe...@cpqd.com.br> on 2004/02/26 12:30:36 UTC

3000 concurrent users

Hello,

I need to do a stress test using JMETER simulating 3000 concurrent users...

What can I do to achieve it? Do I need 3000 threads?

Did anybody do this test? Please help me...

Regards...

Angelo Ferecini Neto
DSB - Diretoria de Soluções em Billing
CPqD Telecom & IT Solutions
Tel.: +55 19 3705-5971
www.cpqd.com.br
ferecini@cpqd.com.br

Re: 3000 concurrent users

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
If you wanted to accurately simulate the behaviour of 3000 users, you
would certainly need 3000 threads. But since it is impossible to
simulate user behaviour accurately, you may be happy enough to simulate
the LOAD generated by 3000 users...

...if each user makes an average of 1-2 requests per minute, you should
be able to do this with only 100 threads (assuming your pages are served
in less than 2-1 seconds, which they should).

One single JMeter instance can do this easily from a state-of-the-art
workstation, assuming your test script is relatively simple.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

Re: 3000 concurrent users

Posted by peter lin <jm...@yahoo.com>.
that is some serious loads. I would recommend using
systems with atleast 512Mb of ram for the client
machines.

as others have said, you should be able to configure
each client with 80-150 threads. I don't know of any
webserver capable of that kind of concurrent load, so
hopefully it's a cluster of servers.

peter lin

RE: 3000 concurrent users

Posted by Vladimir Tsygankov <Vl...@contera.sp.ru>.
Hi,
You need 3000 threads obviously. I used about 100 threads it worked
fine. I don't know about limitations. Try for 3000.
You will meet problems with memory for JMeter perhaps. Set for JMeter in
the file jmeter.bat the next parameter "set HEAP=-Xms256m -Xmx512m" at
least (or more). It should help.
Luck,
Vladimir