Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Hoffman <ra...@punkass.com> on 2006/02/22 18:10:58 UTC

swallowOutput and System.out in Tomcat 5.5

Is it true that System.out is no longer swallowed by Tomcat 5.5 using
swallowOutput="true"?  I have seen mixed messages on this and definitely
cannot get it to work.
I am running Tomcat 5.5.15 on RHEL4 and have a 3rd party webapp that
uses System.out for messages.  I am running it with other contexts, each
having their own webapp log4j configuration, which works for everything
except System.out.  Does swallowOutput no longer work in Tomcat 5.5
since there is no longer a logger element?  If not, is there anyway to
capture the System.out output that goes to catalina.out and send it to
the webapps log file?

thanks,
randy