Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Ricker <er...@techtarget.com> on 2002/12/31 17:44:09 UTC

compiling mod_webapp with sun cc

I'm presently embroiled in getting mod_webapp running on solaris with
the latest tomcat and apache 1.3.x

the problem i'm encountering is such...

Apache must be built with sun's cc. (vendor thing. i'ld love to build it
with gcc but i'm not allowed to)
This means that mod_webapp should be build with sun's cc. (no big deal.
i can get it to build)
This further means that apr must be built with sun's cc.

that is where the issue comes in... I can build apr with cc by itself...
but when i run the configure script that comes with mod_webapp it tries
to configure apr to use gcc, then build it. I've hacked around the
configure scripts and even removed the dependencies on apr for mod_wa,
but it doesn't work.

Has anyone done this before? I've gotten all parts to build with sun's
compiler (not at the same time), but when i put the parts together it
doesn't work.

Much love for any help. thanks.

--
Eric Ricker