Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Koch <da...@googlemail.com> on 2013/08/22 13:16:24 UTC

Commons Daemon - prunsrv.exe elevation and PR_* environment variables

Hello,
I start the prunsrv.exe from a java installation process and use the
environment variables feature (PR_*) in order to avoid the danger to
exceed the command-line length limit.
Since adding the elevation feature (which is really good) the
environment variables are wiped off by windows for security reasons. The
java parent process is not elevated and thus not allowed to set env
variables for the elevated child process.

So in order to start prunsrv.exe from java its quite a bumpy road. I
need to start an elevated cmd.exe by using an external tool elevate.exe
which starts an generated install.bat file that sets the env variables
and starts the prunsrv.exe.

If I could pass the options I could omit the elevate.exe and install.bat
file parts. Is it somehow possible to pass command-line options to
prunsrv.exe per file instead per env?
Thanks,
David