Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Barry Kaplan <bk...@memelet.com> on 2016/06/13 04:45:06 UTC

session.timeout.ms was supplied but isn't a known config

In connect-distributed.properties I have values like:

session.timeout.ms=120000

But at startup I get warnings like:

The configuration session.timeout.ms = 120000 was supplied but isn't a
> known config.

I'm getting these warnings for most settings (eg, internal.key.converter,
key.converter, but I really don't understand from the docs if most of the
configs are really needed).

Re: session.timeout.ms was supplied but isn't a known config

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
Without more of the log its hard to say, but I think you're probably seeing
this reported as those configs are passed from the root config -> client
configs -> serializers. There were some issues in the way we were tracking
if config values had been used or not and Connect in particular was
susceptible to this issue. It's been fixed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-KAFKA-3711 on trunk.

-Ewen

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Barry Kaplan <bk...@memelet.com> wrote:

> In connect-distributed.properties I have values like:
>
> session.timeout.ms=120000
>

> But at startup I get warnings like:
>
> The configuration session.timeout.ms = 120000 was supplied but isn't a
> > known config.
>

> I'm getting these warnings for most settings (eg, internal.key.converter,
> key.converter, but I really don't understand from the docs if most of the
> configs are really needed).

Ewen