Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Carlton Brown <cb...@silverpop.com> on 2009/08/25 22:01:39 UTC

What is the default latest strategy?

I'm trying to resolve some ambiguity in the documentation.   The
documentation for <resolvers> says that the latest-strategy is defined
by an attributed called 'latest' which defaults to 'default'.
However, the documentation for <latest-strategies> lists no
latest-strategy called 'default', nor suggests which latest strategy is
the default.

Can anyone tell me what is the default latest-strategy?

Also, bonus question... does the latest-time strategy compare the
publicatoin dates within ivy files, or does it actually look at the
timestamp of the file on disk?   What if there's no ivy file?

Thanks,

Carlton

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE and DISCLAIMER***
This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure and solely for
the use of the person(s) or entity to whom it is intended. If you
have received this message in error and are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message and any attachment from your system. If you are not the
intended recipient, be advised that any use of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful, and you must not copy this
message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.