Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/04/07 08:17:15 UTC

[4.4] Current State

Hi,

Sorry for all the e-mails today. I must have spent 6 hours (to no avail)
trying to get 4.4 into a usable state with XenServer or VMware so that I
could demo a 4.4 feature for a customer tomorrow.

Is anyone else experiencing massive issues getting a cloud up and running
with current 4.4?

Perhaps it's my imagination, but it seems for being past feature freeze
that the code should be a lot more reliable.

Thoughts?

Thanks

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

RE: [4.4] Current State

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
I've reverted it.  Commit id ec102ec.

I would have like to have it in 4.4 as it's something we've talked about getting in to get rid of carrying our own copy but if it's causing problems then we should revert it until the problem is fixed.

I apologize for the problem.

--Alex

RE: [4.4] Current State

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.

Re: [4.4] Current State

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I'm personally a bit concerned about changes of this nature being put in
post feature freeze. I know it sounds like a fairly easy change, but the
ramifications can be huge.

However, being that I'm at ApacheCon and the CCC this week (and not doing
much CS development), this won't be personally blocking me until the
weekend.

For the demo that I was planning to use 4.4, I can use 4.3.

What do others think? How impactful has this been to people?

Re: [4.4] Current State

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Re: [4.4] Current State

Posted by Murali Reddy <Mu...@citrix.com>.