Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/09/11 01:50:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.6 is now available for download

Apache HBase 0.98.6 is now available for download.  Get it from an
Apache mirror [1] or Maven repository.

The list of changes in this release can be found in the release notes
[2] or following this announcement.

Thanks to all who contributed to this release.

Best,
The HBase Dev Team

1. http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/
2. http://s.apache.org/Ur4

HBASE-8298 In shell, provide alias of 'desc' for 'describe'
HBASE-9746 RegionServer can't start when replication tries to
replicate to an unknown host
HBASE-9875 NamespaceJanitor chore is not used
HBASE-10205 ConcurrentModificationException in BucketAllocator
HBASE-11059 ZK-less region assignment
HBASE-11326 Use an InputFormat for ExportSnapshot
HBASE-11438 [Visibility Controller] Support UTF8 character as Visibility Labels
HBASE-11531 RegionStates for regions under region-in-transition znode
are not updated on startup
HBASE-11535 ReplicationPeer map is not thread safe
HBASE-11536 Puts of region location to Meta may be out of order which
causes inconsistent of region location
HBASE-11546 Backport ZK-less region assignment to 0.98
HBASE-11550 Custom value for BUCKET_CACHE_BUCKETS_KEY should be sorted
HBASE-11553 Abstract visibility label related services into an interface
HBASE-11589 AccessControlException should be a not retriable exception
HBASE-11610 Enhance remote meta updates
HBASE-11615 TestZKLessAMOnCluster.testForceAssignWhileClosing failed on Jenkins
HBASE-11617 incorrect AgeOfLastAppliedOp and AgeOfLastShippedOp in
replication Metrics when no new replication OP
HBASE-11627 RegionSplitter's rollingSplit terminated with "/ by zero",
and the _balancedSplit file was not deleted properly
HBASE-11659 Region state RPC call is not idempotent
HBASE-11667 Comment ClientScanner logic for NSREs.
HBASE-11674 LoadIncrementalHFiles should be more verbose after
unrecoverable error
HBASE-11678 BucketCache ramCache fills heap after running a few hours
HBASE-11687 No need to abort on postOpenDeployTasks exception if
region opening is cancelled
HBASE-11697 Improve the 'Too many blocks' message on UI blockcache status page
HBASE-11701 Start and end of memstore flush log should be on the same level
HBASE-11702 Better introspection of long running compactions
HBASE-11705 callQueueSize should be decremented in a fail-fast scenario
HBASE-11706 Set versions for VerifyReplication
HBASE-11708 RegionSplitter incorrectly calculates splitcount
HBASE-11713 Adding hbase shell unit test coverage for visibility labels.
HBASE-11716 LoadTestDataGeneratorWithVisibilityLabels should handle
Delete mutations
HBASE-11725 Backport failover checking change to 1.0
HBASE-11726 Master should fail-safe if starting with a pre 0.96 layout
HBASE-11727 Assignment wait time error in case of ServerNotRunningYetException
HBASE-11728 Data loss while scanning using PREFIX_TREE DATA-BLOCK-ENCODING
HBASE-11731 Add option to only run a subset of the shell tests
HBASE-11733 Avoid copy-paste in Master/Region CoprocessorHost
HBASE-11735 Document Configurable Bucket Sizes in bucketCache
HBASE-11740 RegionStates.getRegionAssignments() gets stuck on clone
HBASE-11742 Backport HBASE-7987 and HBASE-11185 to 0.98
HBASE-11745 FilterAllFilter should return ReturnCode.SKIP
HBASE-11748 Cleanup and add pool usage tracing to Compression
HBASE-11749 Better error logging when coprocessors loading has failed.
HBASE-11754 [Shell] Record table property SPLITS_FILE in descriptor
HBASE-11755 VisibilityController returns the wrong value for preBalanceSwitch()
HBASE-11757 Provide a common base abstract class for both
RegionObserver and MasterObserver
HBASE-11762 Record the class name of Codec in WAL header
HBASE-11766 Backdoor CoprocessorHConnection is no longer being used
for local writes
HBASE-11773 Wrong field used for protobuf construction in RegionStates.
HBASE-11774 Avoid allocating unnecessary tag iterators
HBASE-11788 hbase is not deleting the cell when a Put with a KeyValue,
KeyValue.Type.Delete is submitted
HBASE-11789 LoadIncrementalHFiles is not picking up the -D option
HBASE-11790 Bulk load should use HFileOutputFormat2 in all cases
HBASE-11794 StripeStoreFlusher causes NullPointerException
HBASE-11800 Coprocessor service methods in HTableInterface should be
annotated public
HBASE-11802 Scan copy constructor doesn't copy reversed member variable
HBASE-11810 Access SSL Passwords through Credential Provider API
HBASE-11813 CellScanner#advance may overflow stack
HBASE-11814 TestAssignmentManager.testCloseFailed() and
testOpenCloseRacing() is flaky
HBASE-11816 Initializing custom Metrics implementation failed in
Mapper or Reducer
HBASE-11821 [ImportTSV] Abstract labels tags creation into pluggable Interface
HBASE-11823 Cleanup javadoc warnings.
HBASE-11828 callers of SeverName.valueOf should use equals and not ==
HBASE-11837 Scanner from
RegionCoprocessorEnvironment.getTable(TableName) returns no local data
HBASE-11841 [0.98] Option for disabling location prefetch
HBASE-11844 region_mover.rb load enters an infinite loop if region
already present on target server
HBASE-11846 HStore#assertBulkLoadHFileOk should log if a full HFile
verification will be performed during a bulkload
HBASE-11856 hbase-common needs a log4j.properties resource for
handling unit test logging output
HBASE-11857 Restore ReaderBase.initAfterCompression() and
WALCellCodec.create(Configuration, CompressionContext)
HBASE-11863 WAL files are not archived and stays in the WAL directory
after splitting
HBASE-11865 Result implements CellScannable; rather it should BE a CellScanner
HBASE-11868 Data loss in hlog when the hdfs is unavailable
HBASE-11876 RegionScanner.nextRaw(...) should not update metrics
HBASE-11878 TestVisibilityLabelsWithDistributedLogReplay#testAddVisibilityLabelsOnRSRestart
sometimes fails due to VisibilityController not yet initialized
HBASE-11886 The creator of the table should have all permissions on the table
HBASE-11887 Memory retention in branch-1; millions of instances of
LiteralByteString for column qualifier and value

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.6 is now available for download

Posted by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys! All good here.

--
Dan Di Spaltro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.6 is now available for download

Posted by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys! All good here.

--
Dan Di Spaltro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.6 is now available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please look for 0.98.6.1 which was released this week.

See http://search-hadoop.com/m/DHED4u6pnP1

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dan Di Spaltro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.6 is now available for download

Posted by Dan Di Spaltro <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Dan Di Spaltro