Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fady Haikal <fa...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/09 07:53:50 UTC

Change Severe to Info

Hi Can we change a severe exception in catalina that can be ignored to info?
Tomcat logging is SEVERE and we are facing an error in catalina that
can bi ignored, can we change the type of this error to INFO or
Warning?

Regards

Re: Change Severe to Info

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Andr�,

On 2/9/17 3:57 AM, Andr� Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> On 09.02.2017 09:49, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 09/02/17 07:53, Fady Haikal wrote:
>>> Hi Can we change a severe exception in catalina that can be
>>> ignored to info?
>>
>> Not without patching the source code, no.
>>
>>> Tomcat logging is SEVERE and we are facing an error in catalina
>>> that can bi ignored, can we change the type of this error to
>>> INFO or Warning?
>>
>> What error? SEVERE typically means bad things have happened or
>> or going to happen that you need to deal with.
>>
> He probably means this one, from the other thread "Operation has
> timed out":
>
> 06-Feb-2017 01:14:20.718 SEVERE [GroupChannel-Heartbeat-1]
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat
> Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Operation has timed
> out(3000 ms.).; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 114, 43, 103}:4000; at
> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage
(

ParallelNioSender.java:108)
> at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.
> sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:48) ...
>
> which keeps on happening and filling the logs. But I also believe
> that it vwould be better to continue discussing this on the other
> thread, rather than looking for a way to put one's head in the sand
> and ignore it.

+1

Bad pings = no replication AAUI. If you just don't want to see the
errors, disable clustering entirely and you'll accomplish the same
goal, plus your application will run faster.

- -chris

Re: Change Severe to Info

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Re: Change Severe to Info

Posted by Fady Haikal <fa...@gmail.com>.
this error

09-Feb-2017 11:21:09.851 SEVERE [GroupChannel-Heartbeat-1]
org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat
Unable to send AbstractReplicatedMap.ping message
 org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException: Operation has timed
out(3000 ms.).; Faulty members:tcp://{10, 114, 43, 103}:4000;
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.ParallelNioSender.sendMessage(ParallelNioSender.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender.sendMessage(PooledParallelSender.java:48)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter.sendMessage(ReplicationTransmitter.java:54)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelCoordinator.sendMessage(ChannelCoordinator.java:82)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:76)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatchInterceptor.sendMessage(MessageDispatchInterceptor.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:76)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector.sendMessage(TcpFailureDetector.java:93)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase.sendMessage(ChannelInterceptorBase.java:76)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.send(GroupChannel.java:186)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.RpcChannel.send(RpcChannel.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.ping(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:267)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.tipis.AbstractReplicatedMap.heartbeat(AbstractReplicatedMap.java:885)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel.heartbeat(GroupChannel.java:161)
at org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel$HeartbeatThread.run(GroupChannel.java:697)

Re: Change Severe to Info

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.