Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Daniel Ellermann <da...@amc-world.de> on 2001/10/03 11:17:30 UTC

Deny permissions

Hello,

if I have a tree like this and node A has the inheritable permission
/actions/view.

+-+ A             /actions/view
| |
| +-+ B           /actions/view (inherited)
| | |
| | +-+ C         /actions/view (inherited)
| | | |
| | | +- D        /actions/view (inherited)

Now I want to revoke this permission at B and C, but leave it at D.

+-+ A             /actions/view
| |
| +-+ B
| | |
| | +-+ C
| | | |
| | | +- D        /actions/view

At node B, I cannot revoke this permission, because it is inherited from A.
If I deny it, I will also deny the permissions for C and D respectively. I
don't want to revoke this permission at A, because new nodes inserted below
A wouldn't have this permission, which is not wishful. Is it intentional
that deny influences all nodes below?

Thank you for your help.

Danny =:-)

AW: Deny permissions

Posted by Daniel Ellermann <da...@amc-world.de>.
I forgot to say that the stated tree is a user tree. If you have a
particular object X, how can I set the following permissions for users A to
D on object X?

+-+ A             /actions/view
| |
| +-+ B
| | |
| | +-+ C
| | | |
| | | +- D        /actions/view

If I deny the permission on X for user B, it is denied for C and D as well.
I cannot grant permission on X for user D in this case. Is it intentional?

Thank you

Danny =:-)

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
This is something that is missing from the acl webdav spec, control over
the inheritance of your permission. There is something in the advanced
acl spec but it's in a very early stage.

Slide itself has non-inhetited permissions, using the domain.xml you
could do what you want, or write a webapp.

For your problem, you could always
A : grant