Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/27 16:24:42 UTC

java.lang.Runtime Exception: Database is not supported yet (Nutch 2.0)

Hi,

I have setup postgresql with nutch 2.0 and when i run my first test i got
this error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: job failed:
name=inject-p1 urls, jobid=job_local_0001

When i went to the logs, the error message says

java.io.IOException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Database is not supported
yet.
        at org.apache.gora.sql.store.SqlStore.put(SqlStore.java:623)
        at
org.apache.gora.mapreduce.GoraRecordWriter.write(GoraRecordWriter.java:60)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewDirectOutputCollector.write(MapTask.java:639)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.TaskInputOutputContext.write(TaskInputOutputContext.java:80)
        at
org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob$UrlMapper.map(InjectorJob.java:184)
        at
org.apache.nutch.crawl.InjectorJob$UrlMapper.map(InjectorJob.java:86)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:764)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:212)

Is it because nutch 2.0 does not support postgresql ? I have setup
postgresql the same way as mysql.

Can someone tell me what i am doing it wrong ?

Many Thanks,
--
Kiran Chitturi

Re: java.lang.Runtime Exception: Database is not supported yet (Nutch 2.0)

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM, kiran chitturi
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it because nutch 2.0 does not support postgresql ? I have setup
> postgresql the same way as mysql.

Yes AFAIK currently HSQLDB and MySQL are the only SQL implementation
currently supported. The idea was to re-write the gora-sql module with
JOOQ [0] which would allow much wider SQL store interoperability
however this has yet to happen.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-86

--
Lewis