Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se> on 2004/07/21 01:35:10 UTC

Is "artifactId" allowed in a project.xml file?

Hello

I am going through the documentation for Maven and I am getting mixed
messages regarding "artifactId". In the xml-schema [1] there does not
seem to be an element called "artifactId" in the sequence for the
"project" element.

If I add an "artifactId" element to a project.xml file, running
   maven pom:validate
will fail.

But "artifactId" is used in several places in the documentation where it
appears to be used in place of the "id" element, for example here [2].

Since I am making patches for the documentation I would like to know
what I should do about this. Any thoughts?

[1] http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-project-3.0.0.xsd
[2] http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#POM_Processing

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is "artifactId" allowed in a project.xml file?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
yes, it is allowed. It is a synonym for <id>, and is preferred.