Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/14 17:34:54 UTC

Re: Wiki plans

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Tossing out this plan, that I hope to execute on Monday - so complain
> early if this proposal offends you.
>
> I plan to request a space on the ASF wiki for CloudStack - and then to
> begin mass migration of content from wiki.cloudstack.org. In the
> process I plan to purge the pages I've moved from wiki.cloudstack.org.
> I do not plan on migrating any of the release schedules or other
> non-CloudStack items, but do expect that Citrix will effectively take
> the existing Confluence wiki as their own and likely making it private
> - though that is not in my purview, just what I surmise will happen.
> When I've gotten the content migrated, my intention is to redirect to
> wiki.cloudstack.org URL to the ASF wiki space.
>
> The downside to this is that you'll need to recreate user accounts on
> the new ASF-hosted wiki.
>
> Also, my intention is to keep this wiki as open as the current wiki is
> (e.g. anyone can create an account and use it) and that means that per
> the ASF guidelines we can't make the content on the wiki the official
> documentation, which I don't think should be a problem for us.
>
> Thoughts, comments, flames?
>
> --David

Quick followup here:

Infra has created the wiki space, it's at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Index

Again - no accounts were migrated, so you'll have to create an account
- and anyone who creates an account should be able to create pages
there. So if you plan on wikifying something, please begin doing it
here.
I (and hopefully others, and yes if you are interested this is your
invitation) will begin migrating content from w.cs.o, to the new
ASF-hosted wiki.

--David

RE: Wiki plans

Posted by Ewan Mellor <Ew...@eu.citrix.com>.

Do we really only get one space?  That's lame, and a retrograde step ;-(

Ewan.