Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dajevu <jd...@hireright.com> on 2006/07/19 02:57:08 UTC

Groovy component memory leak?

Has anyone experienced any memory issues when running Groovy scripts (through
the Groovy component). I've got a timer service calling a Groovy script, and
over time, it increase in heap size until it consumes all available.

This maybe an issue with Groovy, I suspect, and not the component (since
Groovy is still in Beta, I understand). The Groovy component uses Groovy SQL
and the Commons HTTPClient libs.

I presume that every time the script is run it's instantiating new Java
classes as that time, which, I presume, should leave the older classes ready
for cleanup. However, I'm not sure about that, as I don't see any increases
in classes or threads when I monitor the JVM through JMX.

How does the Servicemix profiler work, and would that be of benefit here?

Thanks!

jeff
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.