Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vermyndax <ve...@galaxycow.com> on 2005/02/17 17:04:15 UTC

spamd children tuning question

I'm running spamd in a home server environment for < 20 users.  We have
about 200-250 messages per day come in (most of them spam, but you knew
that).

My question is... wouldn't 5 spamd children be overkill?  What would be
recommended for the children?  I reduced it to 2 for the time being to
try to get some memory back on the server and managed to get back 110mb
of active RAM.  Before this last reboot, I had the children up to
50-55mb RAM apiece.

Any recommendations on tuning or is there a wiki topic on this?

Thanks!

--JM

--
Vermyndax@galaxycow.com
http://blogs.galaxycow.com/vermyndax

Because this E mail address is transmission exclusive use, message it
does not reply, fish prayer it is to call it does.