Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Hugo Costa <hu...@yahoo.com> on 2012/05/13 02:03:28 UTC

Whats UX ? What we talk?

--- On Wed, 5/9/12, l x <lx...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: l x <lx...@gmail.com>
Subject: Hello all, I'm Xin Li, the UX designer of Symphony
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2012, 1:21 AM

Hi all,

I'm Xin Li, I have been an UX designer for Symphony and I'm very glad to
join ooo-users mailing list. I'd love to focus on AOO user experience work
in the future.

Welcome to send UX issues to Kevin and me to communicate, thanks! :)

--
Best regards,
Xin Li   李欣

Re: Whats UX ? What we talk?

Posted by Doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 05/12/2012 10:26 PM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Hugo Costa<hu...@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> What's UX?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_experience
>
> FC

I had to look it up, of course.  My best user experience is with
what Li did before: Symphony.  I wish he were still doing it!

--doug

Re: Whats UX ? What we talk?

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing the wikipedia user experience definition link.

User experience design is an umbrella term that encompasses information
architecture, usability engineering, user interface design, interaction
design, and visual design, as components of the holistic user experience.

The goal of the AOO user experience effort is to ensure that our software
resonates with our users, and allows them to realize their goals and
accomplish their tasks, in a way that compliments their context of use,
their world.

The AOO user experience community seeks to provide guidance to the product
management, and development community to ensure that AOO offers the best
user experience possible.

Our duties include gathering user feedback, distilling feedback into
prioritized design opportunities for improvement, and then advocating
usability within the design process.

Our work products include user roles/personas, usage scenarios, wireframes,
design mock-ups, design evaluations, and user testing.

We will be refreshing the UX wiki this week and will invite all to
contribute to the conversation moving forward.

Regards,
Kevin

AOO User Experience Designer

Re: Whats UX ? What we talk?