Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/03/17 07:30:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 9548 - in xml/forrest/trunk/scratchpad/forrestbot2/

Dave, did you do those last two commits to forrestbot2 from the
same machine? We now have conflicting line-endings in the files.
Your first commit changed everything to DOS-style line endings.
The second commit which re-added the new license, used UNIX-style
line-endings for the license part and DOS-style for the rest.

Did you use the "insert_license.pl" script? Does it have UNIX
line-endings in it?

Just before this, i asked on the infrastructure list about the
line-endings issue in general. However this recent stuff sounds
like a specific problem.

--David

Re: svn commit: rev 9548 - in xml/forrest/trunk/scratchpad/forrestbot2/

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> Arg!  Yes, I've been working on the web interface at work using a
> windows box and used the insert_license.pl on my linux box at home.
> I will fix it when I get a chance.

Ah that explains it. So it was really just because of the missing
"svn:eol-style native" property. Do not worry. I just fixed the
inconsistent line endings, then recursively set the property.

--David

Re: svn commit: rev 9548 - in xml/forrest/trunk/scratchpad/forrestbot2/

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming