Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2008/12/08 10:30:01 UTC

Board Report is due.

Gang,

since noone picked up the slack while I have been away on vacation, I
have splurted a quick report from my angle. We have 40 hours to
closing, so if there is something else you want to bring up, then you
need to hurry up!!!

You can find the report at; http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2008

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Board Report is due.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Mark Brouwer <ma...@marbro.org> wrote:

> I think you gave a fair summary of what has been said by many in the
> community, although I don't believe you could call your summary a
> consensus. One thing that concerns me and what you haven't expressed in
> your Board Report, is that the current set of committers didn't express
> much of their opinion and IMHO that should be seen as a concern.

Excellent. I have amended it to this effect.

Note on ASF terminology; "Consensus" refers to a state where no one
objects. Consensus is said to exist if someone put forward a proposal
and within a reasonable amount of time (typically 72 hours) no one has
raised any objections or counter proposals. People who are quiet are
considered 'agreeable'. "Consensus in a community" does not typically
exclude non-committers, but covers the entire population on the dev
list that has the strength to keep up with the discussions.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: Board Report is due.

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@marbro.org>.
Hi Niclas,

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Gang,
>
> since noone picked up the slack while I have been away on vacation, I
> have splurted a quick report from my angle. We have 40 hours to
> closing, so if there is something else you want to bring up, then you
> need to hurry up!!!
>
> You can find the report at; http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2008
>

> Cheers
> Niclas

Just found this message in my backlog when I tried to understand why the
report was already written on the Wiki when I wanted to write it, thanks!

I think you gave a fair summary of what has been said by many in the
community, although I don't believe you could call your summary a
consensus. One thing that concerns me and what you haven't expressed in
your Board Report, is that the current set of committers didn't express
much of their opinion and IMHO that should be seen as a concern.

Mark

Re: Board Report is due.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> since noone picked up the slack while I have been away on vacation, I
> have splurted a quick report from my angle. We have 40 hours to
> closing, so if there is something else you want to bring up, then you
> need to hurry up!!!

Looks good to me. Thanks!

BR,

Jukka Zitting