Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michael Engelhart <mo...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/08 16:33:08 UTC

Spindle/EJB advice

Hi -
I have a web project I'm building that uses stateless Session Beans
and Message Driven beans running in JBoss as a database facade and
Tapestry as the View.    I"m looking for best practice of how to
build/develop the project in Eclipse with Spindle and JBoss-IDE.
Right now I have the two pieces separated but this seems to create a
lot of duplication of properties files, jars, etc.   What doesn't seem
to work is to be able to create a new project in Eclipse that is both
a JBoss-IDE  AND a Spindle based Tapestry project.   Then again, maybe
it's better to keep the EJB code separate from the Tapestry  code.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike

Re: Spindle/EJB advice

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
I've never used JBOSS IDE so I can't speak directly on this.  In a
pinch you can add "Tapestryness" to any project as long as it fits the
model Spindle expects - a context folder containing WEB-INF.

The downside is this is not done using the Tapestry project wizard, so
no Tapestry artifacts will be generated.

To add "Tapestryness" right click on any project and select the
"Tapestry" properties page. Filling out the page is straightforward.
After that you have to modify web.xml and add the files (.application
etc) yourself. One way to do this is to use the Tapestry wizard to
generate a scratch project and then copy the relevant files to your
project.

Of course, if JBOSS IDE can add itself to another project, just create
a Tapestry project using the wizard, then have JBOSS IDE add itself to
that project.

Geoff