Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Oblio Leitch <ob...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/01 19:18:47 UTC

need help simulating AD

I'm hoping someone can help me get ADS setup to simulate Active Directory.
I'm actually just trying to use it embedded to perform unit testing, but I
don't know what I need to do to pull in custom attributes and to accept a
bindPrincipal in the form of an email address.  Is this possible?

Re: need help simulating AD

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 03/10/15 08:11, Kiran Ayyagari a écrit :
> On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 1:39 AM, Oblio Leitch <ob...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd love to contribute, really would.  I don't have a clue how to
>> accomplish what I'd like to do.  That's why I'm reaching out to the
>> forum...
>>
> the other option is to search for the user using a different (admin)
> connection
> and then bind using that user's DN

This is clearly an excellent workaround !

Nevertheless, a dedicated AD Authenticator might be useful at some point
in the future.

Oblio, I strongly suggest that you at least create aJIRA requesting for
such a feature.

Thanks !

Re: need help simulating AD

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: need help simulating AD

Posted by Oblio Leitch <ob...@gmail.com>.

Re: need help simulating AD

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: need help simulating AD

Posted by Oblio Leitch <ob...@gmail.com>.
That's a shame.  I'm using Spring
Security's ActiveDirectoryLdapAuthenticationProvider, so I can't just
change the binding style without rewriting the authentication system.  I
guess I'm just surprised that there's not more need for an embedded unit
test for AD authentication.

Re: need help simulating AD

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.