Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by David Calles <dc...@die.upm.es> on 2002/04/24 16:12:00 UTC

How to use vertical-align="middle" in a table

Hi,

I have a table and with FOP, I try to make a vertical alignement of the text
 Although the sintaxis is accepted by FOP, the text is not vertically
centerd on the cell. I have tried to put the vertical-align="middle" in the
<fo:table>, in the <fo:table-row> and in the <fo:table-cell> and it is
always the same.

I don't specify the height of the cell, and it is dinamically adjusted
because of the length of the text. Is that an inconvenient to center the
text ?

Thank you a lot.

Re: How to use vertical-align="middle" in a table

Posted by David Calles <dc...@die.upm.es>.
Thank you, it functions very well.

Re: How to use vertical-align="middle" in a table

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
David Calles wrote:
> I have a table and with FOP, I try to make a vertical alignement of the text
>  Although the sintaxis is accepted by FOP, the text is not vertically
> centerd on the cell. I have tried to put the vertical-align=iddle" in the
> <fo:table>, in the <fo:table-row> and in the <fo:table-cell> and it is
> always the same.

The vertical-align property is in XSLFO a shorthand for
aligning stuff within a line with respect to the rest
in that line. It is accepted but not implemented in FOP.

You should try display-align="center" on the table cells.

J.Pietschmann

RE: How to use vertical-align="middle" in a table

Posted by Brian O'Kelley <co...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Did you try display-align?
Brian

I have a table and with FOP, I try to make a vertical alignement of the
text  Although the sintaxis is accepted by FOP, the text is not
vertically centerd on the cell. I have tried to put the
vertical-align=iddle" in the <fo:table>, in the <fo:table-row> and in