Posted to user@struts.apache.org by yitzle <yi...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2007/05/27 05:43:31 UTC

[S2] Session Beans - how to make?

Hi all.
I'm a Struts Newbie here, so I apologize for the stupid question ;)

I'm working on making a fairly large Struts project.
Most data will be passed from one page/JSP to the next.
The login info has to be available on the server at every action.
How do I make a session bean or whatever that's seperate from the
other info that the action passes and is accessable for all the
actions?

PS Also, how do I have one action() forward to another? Do I just set
the result to be second.action?

Thanks!

Re: [S2] Session Beans - how to make?

Posted by Isaac Good <is...@rentmagic.ca>.
Thanks for the reply.
It appears your solution is for Struts1, not Struts2.

Posted by "Henry F. Camacho Jr." <hf...@unpluggedcities.com>.

Mansour wrote:
> yitzle wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I'm a Struts Newbie here, so I apologize for the stupid question ;)
>>
>> I'm working on making a fairly large Struts project.
>> Most data will be passed from one page/JSP to the next.
>> The login info has to be available on the server at every action.
>> How do I make a session bean or whatever that's seperate from the
>> other info that the action passes and is accessable for all the
>> actions?
>>
> You can store them in the session.
>
>> PS Also, how do I have one action() forward to another? Do I just set
>> the result to be second.action?
>>
> This is one way, called action chaining.
>> Thanks!

Henry F. Camacho Jr.
Unplugged Cities, LLC
800 Washington Ave No