Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net> on 2004/08/09 18:11:46 UTC

[l10n] Polish translation maintenance

Hi Kasia, Marcin, Zgoda,

Please let me introduce you to another.

A few weeks ago I asked for help with updating the Polish Subversion
translation. Marcin originally did the translation, but was out of reach for
some time. Which is what prompted me to do send out the general request for
help.

In past weeks, Kasia and Zgoda have done some excellent work in updating it.
There are however 2 remaining issues:

1) The work is not quite done yet: a number of fuzzy and untranslated
strings remain
2) It would be nice to have someone keep an eye on the quality of the
translation: I send out status mails weekly which show how good the po file
fits the latest trunk revision.

Could the three of you respond to this mail to start an effort to get even
the last bit of the translation done?
Maybe extending the dictionary at the top of the file can help here.

Also: Can I persuade any of you to maintain the translation after it is
done? It needs some maintenance from time to time, but this will probably
not be much work. Also, you won't need to do it by yourself: just ask others
to help out.

bye,

Erik.

--
NEU: WLAN-Router f�r 0,- EUR* - auch f�r DSL-Wechsler!
GMX DSL = superg�nstig & kabellos http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: [l10n] Polish translation maintenance

Posted by Erik Hülsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
[snip]

>Yet another patch...
>
>greets,KarolSzk

Committed in r10596.

Thanks again!

BTW: the diff was reversed so I had to apply with 'patch -R',
but it applied cleanly after that.

bye, Erik.

Re: [l10n] Polish translation maintenance

Posted by Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl>.
Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Kasia, Marcin, Zgoda,
>

> Please let me introduce you to another.
>
> A few weeks ago I asked for help with updating the Polish Subversion
> translation. Marcin originally did the translation, but was out of reach for
> some time. Which is what prompted me to do send out the general request for
> help.
>
> In past weeks, Kasia and Zgoda have done some excellent work in updating it.
> There are however 2 remaining issues:
>
> 1) The work is not quite done yet: a number of fuzzy and untranslated
> strings remain
> 2) It would be nice to have someone keep an eye on the quality of the
> translation: I send out status mails weekly which show how good the po file
> fits the latest trunk revision.
>
> Could the three of you respond to this mail to start an effort to get even
> the last bit of the translation done?
> Maybe extending the dictionary at the top of the file can help here.
>

> Also: Can I persuade any of you to maintain the translation after it is
> done? It needs some maintenance from time to time, but this will probably
> not be much work. Also, you won't need to do it by yourself: just ask others
> to help out.
>

> bye,
>
> Erik.

Hi!

I can help with translation and watch the quality. Quality is the most
important to me and my developer work. -) I sent in attachement some
small corrections. Please read it and comment of course.

Greets,
Karol Szkudlarek

Re: [l10n] Polish translation maintenance

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> In short: as I see that there are people other than me interested in
> working on this translation, I am fairly happy to have them continuing
> the work initiated by me - as all of you can see, recently I do not have
> a lot of time to continue this work or even to watch what is happening.
>
> Of course if Jarek and/or Kasia would like to consult some specific
> problems I would be fairly happy to help - but it seems I am not
> currently the best person to lead this translation effort, at least in
> the current project stage - when there is a lot of things changing.

Thanks for doing the initial translation!

You don't have to completely step back though, feel free to contribute to
the translation (or any other part of the project for that matter) whenever
you have the time and feel like it.

bye,

Erik.

Posted by Karol Szkudlarek <ka...@mikronika.com.pl>.
Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Kasia, Marcin, Zgoda,
>

> Please let me introduce you to another.
>
> A few weeks ago I asked for help with updating the Polish Subversion
> translation. Marcin originally did the translation, but was out of reach for
> some time. Which is what prompted me to do send out the general request for
> help.
>
> In past weeks, Kasia and Zgoda have done some excellent work in updating it.
> There are however 2 remaining issues:
>
> 1) The work is not quite done yet: a number of fuzzy and untranslated
> strings remain
> 2) It would be nice to have someone keep an eye on the quality of the
> translation: I send out status mails weekly which show how good the po file
> fits the latest trunk revision.
>
> Could the three of you respond to this mail to start an effort to get even
> the last bit of the translation done?
> Maybe extending the dictionary at the top of the file can help here.
>

> Also: Can I persuade any of you to maintain the translation after it is
> done? It needs some maintenance from time to time, but this will probably
> not be much work. Also, you won't need to do it by yourself: just ask others
> to help out.
>

> bye,
>
> Erik.

Yet another patch...

greets,KarolSzk

Re: [l10n] Polish translation maintenance

Posted by Erik Hülsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
[Forwarding to dev@ list; somehow not sent there before]

[snip]

>Hi!
>
>I can help with translation and watch the quality. Quality is the most
>important to me and my developer work. -) I sent in attachement some
>small corrections. Please read it and comment of course.
>
>Greets,
>Karol Szkudlarek

Committed in r10595.

Thanks!