Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/23 00:34:01 UTC

[VOTE] Removing module maintainer process

It looks like the discussion thread on this has only had positive replies, so I'm going to call a VOTE. The proposal is to remove the maintainer process in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers> given that it doesn't seem to have had a huge impact on the project, and it can unnecessarily create friction in contributing. We already have +1s from Mridul, Tom, Andrew Or and Imran on that thread.

I'll leave the VOTE open for 48 hours, until 9 PM EST on May 24, 2016.

Matei

[RESULT][VOTE] Removing module maintainer process

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting. With only +1 votes, the vote passes, so I'll update the contributor wiki appropriately.

+1 votes:

Matei Zaharia (binding)
Mridul Muralidharan (binding)
Andrew Or (binding)
Sean Owen (binding)
Nick Pentreath (binding)
Tom Graves (binding)
Imran Rashid (binding)
Holden Karau
Owen O'Malley

No 0 or -1 votes.

Matei

Re: [VOTE] Removing module maintainer process

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
+1 non-binding (as a contributor anything which speed things up is worth a
try, and git blame is a good enough substitute for the list when figuring
out who to ping on a PR).

On Monday, May 23, 2016, Imran Rashid <ir...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Tom Graves <tgraves_cs@yahoo.com.invalid
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','tgraves_cs@yahoo.com.invalid');>> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> On Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:34 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaharia@gmail.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','matei.zaharia@gmail.com');>> wrote:
>>

>> It looks like the discussion thread on this has only had positive
>> replies, so I'm going to call a VOTE. The proposal is to remove the
>> maintainer process in https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers
>> <
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers>
>> given that it doesn't seem to have had a huge impact on the project, and it
>> can unnecessarily create friction in contributing. We already have +1s from
>> Mridul, Tom, Andrew Or and Imran on that thread.
>>
>> I'll leave the VOTE open for 48 hours, until 9 PM EST on May 24, 2016.
>>
>> Matei

Cell : 425-233-8271

Re: [VOTE] Removing module maintainer process

Posted by Imran Rashid <ir...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nick Pentreath <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sunday, May 22, 2016, Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like the discussion thread on this has only had positive replies,
> so I'm going to call a VOTE. The proposal is to remove the maintainer
> process in
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers
> <
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers>
> given that it doesn't seem to have had a huge impact on the project, and it
> can unnecessarily create friction in contributing. We already have +1s from
> Mridul, Tom, Andrew Or and Imran on that thread.
>
> I'll leave the VOTE open for 48 hours, until 9 PM EST on May 24, 2016.
>
> Matei

Thanks Matei, please note that a formal vote should generally be permitted
to run for at least 72 hours to provide an opportunity for all concerned
persons to participate regardless of their geographic locations.

Thank you
-- Luciano

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: [VOTE] Removing module maintainer process

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (binding)