Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Langley, John" <la...@telcordia.com> on 2006/12/14 16:25:48 UTC

the download site is still down folks!

This url http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.cgi  is
down.

Looks like it has been for weeks.

Just to let you know, this doesn't look good for the project. Although
I'm very

interested in applying the technology... it does "give me pause" that
the site

has been down for a while (since 12/06)

Thanks to whoever can jump in and fix it. I'm looking forward to using
the

code.

Langley

It works again, great ! (Re: the download site is still down folks!

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Sanka,

Sanka Samaranayake wrote:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.cgi seems to
> work now !! ( I think permission setting had worked)
*Great*, thank you very much!

Regards,

---rony

It works again, great ! (Re: the download site is still down folks!

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Sanka,

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.cgi seems to work now
!! ( I think permission setting had worked)

Sanka

The http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.cgi

--
Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://sankas.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.net/

Re: the download site is still down folks!

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Please use following URLs for the downloading purposes for the time being.

source:   http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jakarta/bsf/source/
binaries: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jakarta/bsf/binaries/

On 12/14/06, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi Langley,
> > This url http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.cgi is
> > down.
> >
> This one works: <http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/bsf/>.
> > interested in applying the technology... it does "give me pause" that
> the site has been down for a while (since 12/06)
> >
> Personally, I have not received an answer from the webmaster yet. Maybe
> Sanka can change the URL to use the above one.

I think  the problem is with the permission setting of the download_bsf.cgi
script. I've changed it to rwxrwxr_x and the mirrors should pick it
hopefully.

If it doesn't work or if we don't hear from the webmaster by tomorrow I will
change the download URLs to the ones mentioned above untill we get this
matter sort out.

Thanks,
Sanka

Let us know how it goes, o.k.?

> Regards,
>
> ---rony

Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://sankas.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.net/

Re: the download site is still down folks!

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Langley,