Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com> on 2006/12/20 18:43:35 UTC

Re: WS-Context implementation

+1 to having a CXF-based WS-Context implementation...

IMHO this is one of the best specs in the WS space, simple and powerful....Few years ago I was concerned about how to write
factory-based applications in the web services world...So one option is to allocate a resource per every service which is not
acceptable for those pursuing coarser-grained approach, WS-Context would help here too...Contexts do not necessarily have to be
transaction or security-related, they do not need to belong to higher-level activities.... Something like 'orderId' is also a
context as it identifies a specific application activity, and as such it can be passed as a WS-Context header....People can still
use a familiar factory pattern in the client code but under the hood there'll be communicating with maximum 2 services....

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
That would be very cool... :-)

--