Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Sudhanya Chatterjee <su...@persistent.co.in> on 2008/04/29 14:44:51 UTC

lucene.net version query

Hi,

What is the difference in the v1.9.1.3 dll and v2.1.0.2?

We were initially using v2.1.0.2 dll but we need various other Analyzers
liked German etc, which is present in v v1.9.1.3 dll.

Is there any drawback in using v1.9.1.3 other than v2.1.0.2?

Thanks,

Sudhanya

DISCLAIMER
==========

RE: lucene.net version query

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
* Since Lucene.Net is supposed to be compatible with its Java version, it is
better to keep the track of API changes and new features between 1.9 and
2.1 in Lucene.Java lists

* As far as I can remember, Lucene.Net 1.9 contains only German and Russian
Analyzers. Since they are in the contrib section of Lucene.java, they must
have been removed from the Lucene.Net core(without moving to contrib of
Lucene.Net :-( ).

* After the release of 2.1.0.2, a lot of bug fixes have been made. So if you
don't intend to use v1.9.1.3, I strongly advice to upgrade to v2.1.0.3.

DIGY

Posted by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com>.
Hello David,

Yah, I'm looking for the source but this link (source release) doesn't load:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/

And this link (stable zip'ed release) doesn't list either:
http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/download/

Any help is appreciated.

Posted by David Gao <wi...@gmail.com>.
just compile the source:)

RE: LINQ to Lucene

Posted by Vijay Santhanam <vi...@spectrumwired.com>.
Hi,

Yes, the latest code is the zip available at
http://www.codeplex.com/linqtolucene/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=
12946

Vijay Santhanam
B.Eng.(Soft.)
Spectrum Wired - Software Engineer

T: +61 2 4925 3266
F: +61 2 4925 3255
M: +61 407 525 087
W: www.spectrumwired.com

Posted by Simone Busoli <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: LINQ to Lucene

Posted by Christoph Wille <ch...@gmail.com>.

RE: How to perform search within Search Results recursively

Posted by Michael Siu <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

On the other hand, how to do a query for the following situation:

- One index has the content index for a list of documents and a key to the
document. That means the Lucene document of this index contains 2 fields:
the 'content' and the 'key'.
- another index has the some data indexed associated with the 'key' in the
the 'who' that contains some data and the 'key' that _points_ to the
document in the first index.

Sample data:
Index_1:   [key] [content]
            Abc   "blah blah 123 ..."
            Xyz   "123 321 a nice day ..."

Index_2:   [who]    [accessed]   [key]
            David    1/1/2007     Abc
            Someone  1/2/2005     Abc
            Guess    12/1/2000    Xyz
            Harry    1/1/2008     Abc
            Sandra   1/1/2003     Xyz

As shown, the [key] field in Index_2 has repeated value that _points_ to the
[key] values in Index_1. How do I make a query for the following:

Find out all documents in Index_2:
- [who] is in range of 'David' to 'Guess' and
- [accessed] in range '1/1/1900' to '1/1/2010' and
- [key] associated [content] in Index_1 that contains the term 'blah'

I know this is more SQL like query. Is Lucene capable of doing this type of
query that needs associations among index files?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that there are good-and-simple solutions for these kind of problems
[first make a search on indexA, then using the results, make a second search on indexB].

1- If the first search returns more than "max-term" results, then second search will throw an exception.
2- To avoid the exception, setting max-term ,for ex, to MaxInt would mean storing all results(not only top n results) of the first search(which can be very huge) in memory, and also degrading the performance of the second search.(using "Hits" object can also be a nightmare in this situation. See http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed )
3- Depending on the nature of the data, choosing the right index to perform the first search can be very tricky, and starting the search with the wrong index can VERY-badly effect the overall search performance.

DIGY

Posted by Michael Siu <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Michael,

Thank you for the hint. I need to stick with the 2 index way to avoid duplicates in [content] for the same data (the content can be big).

One problem with your solution: what if the query of 1) returns more than 1 key? How do I include the list of all the 'keys' in the second query?

Thanks again.
-m

Posted by Michael Garski <mg...@myspace.com>.
Michael -

You can create a BooleanQuery with all of the keys in clauses with BooleanClause.Occur.Should to create a "key1 OR key2 OR..." query, then add that query as a clause with BooleanClause.Occur.Must to ensure that the documents match at least one of the keys.

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.

LINQ to Lucene

RE: Strange unsearchable "releas"

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
I tried it with the following code and also within the luke. Everything
works fine.

DIGY

            Lucene.Net.Analysis.Snowball.SnowballAnalyzer sbAnalyzer = new
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Snowball.SnowballAnalyzer("English");

            IndexWriter wr = new IndexWriter("TempIndex", sbAnalyzer,true);

            Document doc = new Document();

            doc.Add(new Field("searchText", "release", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED));

            wr.AddDocument(doc);

            doc = new Document();

            doc.Add(new Field("searchText", "create", Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED));

            wr.AddDocument(doc);

            wr.Close();

            IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher("TempIndex");

            QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("searchText", sbAnalyzer);

            Query q1 = qp.Parse("release");

            Query q2 = qp.Parse("create");

            Hits hits1 = searcher.Search(q1);

            Hits hits2 = searcher.Search(q2);

            MessageBox.Show(hits1.Length().ToString() + " " +
hits2.Length().ToString());

àoutput: 1 1

Posted by Jokin Cuadrado <jo...@gmail.com>.
seems an estrange behavior,  ¿What happen if you query the index with
your application and lucene.net?

However, you can debug the lucene code and watch what happens inside
lucene, and what are the diferences between the 2 searchs.

Posted by Min Yin <yi...@AI.SRI.COM>.

Posted by Jokin Cuadrado <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com>.
Can I safely assume that any compilation of the api will generally work
across the board? Can any kind soul contribute to the binary?

I'd only need one for the x86 platform.

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Foo JH <jh...@extracktor.com>.
Hi there,