Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by DBC <Fa...@Operamail.com> on 2000/07/28 23:18:16 UTC

Website problem

hi,

at first my english is not very well.
I hope someone is here, who can help me.
After the run of any Perl program on Apache 1.3.12, I get in the error.log the message: "Premature end of script headers". Where can I find the "misconfiguration".
The matter is, i don't know why on SUSE 6.4 runing well on Redhat crach. My ISP use Redhat and he don't find the problem.

Thanks for help

Falko

Re: Website problem

Posted by Rodney Broom <rb...@home.com>.
>...I get in the error.log the message: "Premature end of script headers". Where
> can I find the "misconfiguration".

Have a look at the error log, the message should be something like:
"Premature end of script headers: /path/to/script.cgi"

This means that the named script is failing to compile. Try:
% perl -wc /path/to/script.cgi
This will tell Perl to try to compile the script without actually running it.
The '-w' switch will turn on "warnings", which may help to point you at the
problem(s). Most likely is a syntax error.

For more learning, try:
% perldoc perl
This will tell you a bit about how to run Perl and also list many good sources
of documentation.

---
Rodney Broom